How to grant us access to Facebook Ads
Of all the channels, there is absolutely nothing more convoluted than the Facebook Advertising network. To begin with, we need access to two separate Facebook accounts:
- Your Facebook Business Page
- Your Facebook Advertiser Account (You may not have one & that’s okay)
Granting Page Admin Level Access
- Click Settings at the top of your Page.
- Click Page Roles in the left column.
- Type a name or email in the box:
- If the person is your Facebook friend, begin typing their name and select them from the list that appears.
- If the person isn’t your Facebook friend, type the email address associated with their Facebook account.
- Click Editor to select admin as the role from the dropdown menu.
- Click Save and enter your password to confirm.
Granting Advertiser Account Admin Access
Awesome. We have access at the page level, which allows us to tie our ads to your page and pull page content, but now we need access to your Advertiser account so we can manage the actual ads account, including ad creative, targeting, budgets, billing and all things associated with Facebook Ads. If you don’t have an advertiser account or aren’t sure, reach out to your Account Manager and we’ll walk you through the process and get it figured out.
You can give people access to your advertising account from your ad account settings in your Ads Manager:
- Go to your Account Settings in Ads Manager. You may be asked to re-enter your password.
- Scroll to the Ad Account Roles section, click Add a Person and then enter the name or email address of the person you want to give access to. Learn more about the different kinds of advertising permissions.
- Use the dropdown menu to choose their role and then click Submit. The person you add will immediately have access to your ad account according to the role you chose for them.
Note: Adding people to your advertising account doesn’t give them permission to log in as you or see things on your profile or Feed that you haven’t shared with them. You can always remove a person from your ad account by clicking the x to the right of their name, or change the permissions available to them in your ad account.
So, are you ready to grant us access to your Facebook Page? We’re ready to get started, and it all starts with filling out the form below!